Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Reply to Anonymous

Due to technical difficulties, I'm responding to the following comment via post:

Anonymous1:29 PM
Do you identify as both cis gender and gender queer in this posting?

I have don't favor labels, generally.  I am comfortable with my body in my birth gender most of the time and would never want to remove my breasts, though sometimes I desperately wish I had a penis.  I exhibit many "masculine" behavioral characteristics, but I don't think that I act "like a boy" when I watch football, I think I act like a person who likes football.  So it's fair to say it's inconsistent to refer to myself with both labels - "gender queer" and "cisgender" - but in some circumstances both could be said to apply.  That's the problem with labels, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment